Student Academic Counseling, Career Advising and Mentoring
The Assistant Dean of Students’ office offers specialized services to students. The Dean of Students office is housed at the Administration Block at Kikuyu Campus.
Assistant Dean of students Kikuyu Campus:
Dr. Pamela Lunjalu | email@example.com | 0722387064
Assistant Dean of Students Kenya Science Campus:
Samson Mutinda | firstname.lastname@example.org | 0725725263
Counseling is designed to facilitate student achievement, improve student behavior and attendance and help students develop socially. The University has full time professional counselors in every campus to provide counseling services to students and university community. All campuses have full-time counselors to support students who are experiencing personal or academic challenges and intervene when students face behavioral, physical, or mental health challenges. The counselors often help students mediate conflicts with their peers, lecturers or parents. Counselors often help special needs students integrate into classrooms and oversee programs that address requirements for students with special needs or learning difficulties.
Counselors often help students in:
- Providing instruction on psychological and social issues.
- Counseling services
- Early intervention
- Special needs services
- Providing short-term counseling services to students during school hours.
- Providing referrals, recommendations, and education to parents about mental health concerns.
- Maintaining academic standards and set goals for academic success.
- Developing skills to improve organization, study habits and time management.
- Working through personal problems that may affect academics or relationships.
- Improving social skills.
- Coping with school or community-related violence, accidents, and trauma.
- Identifying interests, strengths, and aptitudes through assessment.